Bald Hill Compost Site
The Bald Hill Compost Site is closed for the 2022 season. The site will open for the 2023 season on Wednesday, April 5th, weather permitting.
Hours of Operation:
Wednesdays and Fridays: Open 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Saturdays and Sundays: Open 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Permits Required - Residents of Andover Only
One-year permit option: $25.00 per vehicle ($24 by mail)
Three-year permit option: $75.00 per vehicle ($72 by mail)
Permits can be obtained at the Municipal Services Facility located at 5 Campanelli Drive, from 8 am to 3:30 pm, cash or check only; no credit or debit cards accepted.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope, and
- A copy of the Vehicle Registration**, and
- $24 for a one year permit
- $72 for a three-year permit
- A check made out to the “Town of Andover”**If your vehicle’s registration lists something other than your home address, please also send proof of residency (e.g. copy of a utility bill)
Town of Andover - Bald Hill Permits
5 Campanelli Drive
Andover, MA 01810
Permits are issued by the Public Works and Facilities Departments.
The vehicle registration number will be printed on the sticker when issued.
The sticker must be affixed to the lower corner of the windshield on the driver's side.
Stickers are valid for the season, April through November (for one year) or for three seasons (for three year) regardless of what month the permit was purchased. Permits expire on the last day of the season, within the year printed on the permit.
- The Bald Hill Compost Facility is fenced off to prevent illegal dumping
- Residents can take compost loaded by hand into their vehicles for their own private use
- If the vehicle is sold, or the windshield is replaced, the sticker must be removed and returned before a new sticker can be issued
- Violations, such as using stickers on other vehicles could result in loss of privileges
- Illegal dumping is subject to fines up to $10,000
- A Permit is required to drop off leaves and grass clippings as well as to pick up compost
- The compost site accepts grass clippings, leaves, green garden waste and now accepts
woody yard waste as outlined in the following guidelines:
- Maximum diameter of six (6) inches
- Maximum length of four (4) feet
- Must not contain cables, cable anchors, nails or any other metal objects
- You are responsible for removing the materials from your vehicle
- No plastic bags allowed